Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So I don't know how to make the pictures and text line up and not be ridiculous, and I'm not going to put much more effort into it. You get the picture :)
































(The sunrises are supposed to be better than the sunsets, but I still manage to catch every sunset, but no sunrise. Horses come along with the view of the sunset though :)





(The views from the property, and the garden in which is my workplace!)







Work has continued to be great. It’s funny because I’ve been here three weeks and am so comfortable here now that it seems like I’ve been here for a long time, yet the days and weeks have really just been flying by. It’s amazing and completely different from working in Hayward in that the days always seem earlier in the week than later and I’m not working for the weekend either.

It’s a small world out here too. I met a guy who used to work on this farm and we figured out through conversation that we both had lived in the same closet, in the same master bedroom, in the same house, on Alamo Ave in Santa Cruz- just about 3 years apart! And I also met a guy from Livermore upon hitching a ride into town. A lot of people out here are from the Bay Area. I guess we just have a need to keep getting west?

It’s also been the Birthday season here (just like it is at home too I guess). One girl had her birthday on the 11th, and then another worker’s was on the 13th, and mine is the 18th. So we had a birthday celebration last Saturday night, bonfire, jam, dance party. As a group we’ve also managed a few beach days and a trip to different waterfalls.

I am so pleased as to how 2010 has been going so far. It’s also the year of the Tiger again- which is my year. I think that my 24th trip around the sun will be a fantastic journey. I have really appreciated this time to slow down, be out with nature, have my own time and space, and also get to really connect with some awesome people. The other “WWOOFers” here all have very inspiring stories and I feel so fortunate to be in this environment! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment