It’s been a while, I know, I apologize, but my adventures have not been as frequent, intense, and I don’t have many pictures so I didn’t want to “blog” if it wasn’t worthwhile.
I did go on an amazing snorkeling trip a few weeks ago at Honolua Bay which must be one of the best places to snorkel on Maui. Saw thousands of fish, and really beautiful coral formations. It’s an amazing world under the water- colors you would never see on land, vast and abrupt changes in scenery. I just wish the snorkel mask didn’t feel like it was sucking my brain out from my nose, and wasn’t so cold otherwise I could have stayed out much longer.
Otherwise there have been a few farm dances, lots of beach time, waterfall swimming/jumping time, and laid back reflection time, also been improving my painting and ukulele skills and reading a lot . I only have a couple more weeks left here- gotta take as much in as I can. I am taking a long weekend this weekend to spend with Megan and our old housemate, Janice, who is coming to visit/vacation. Next weekend a farm friend and I will do a backpacking trip through the crater which I’m excited for- my first backpacking trip- I can’t believe it’s taken me 24 years to finally do it! Don’t worry mom, we’ll be fine!
My phone died so I can’t include pictures from that- it’s really amazing how much you can rely on one tiny device for. Hopefully Apple will get fixed and sent back soon! I have pictures on my camera to upload still, and I’ll do that next time around- give ya’ll the “farm tour”.
So after this chapter is over, I’ll be back in the Bay from the 7th to about the 17th, see everyone and spend time with as many loved ones as I can before I head to Seattle. I just got housing lined up for myself and have been talking with the Mountain to Sound Greenway project- so I hope to work for them doing restoration and trail building. I’m really enjoying manual labor- especially when it’s good for my body and the earth. I’m excited for all these changes!

Hilary,
ReplyDeleteWe just returned from visiting Anne in Columbia, MO and had a chance to catch up on your blog. I have really enjoyed staying in touch with your activities via your narratives and photos. I am looking forward to hearing more about the details first hand. We would definitely like to see you when you are here in June. I will alert Linda, Kathy, and John so they can make a note on their mental calendars.
I will look forward to hearing about your hike across the the Haleakala crater. I have been there a few times, but have never hiked in the crater. My recollection is that you would want to take plenty of water and warm clothes, not to mention sun screen at 10,000 feet. Have a great time and take plenty of pictures. (my recollection is that you had a regular camera in addition to your camera phone).
Did they get your iPhone fixed?
Take care,
Dave